Archive for ‘wordpress’ Category
Posted on 15:15, February 17th, 2012 by Many Ayromlou
After reading many (too many) posts about this subject that did not work, I finally found a way to get this working. If you have a wordpress site setup you will, at some point during the installation, be told to copy a bunch of “redirect” code to your .htaccess file in your wordpress installation folder. These apache redirects take care of making pretty URL’s and permalinks amongst other things. The problem is that these .htaccess rules in wordpress take over server-info and server-status urls activated in apache’s config and return a page not found error.
I came across numerous sites that suggested adding a rule like:
This didn’t work for me. I’m not sure if the multisite version of wordpress (which I’m using) is causing this. The rule that worked beautifully is the following:
This rule stops the rewrite engine whenever server-info or server-status is parsed as part of the URL. So my .htaccess looks like this now:
As nice as wordpress is, it can sometimes turn your life into a bit of a nightmare. Case in point the title in my previous post. I was trying to tell WP that I want straight double quotes (ie: “) and it kept insisting on beautifying it and turning it into curly double quotes. These curly quotes have a different meaning in Unix, so if you’re using a “cut-and-paste” unix command in your post title you’re kinda out of luck. There is a process called wptexturize that turns simple everyday quotes/doublequotes into what they call smart quotes. Anyways, to work around this you can use the following tables HTML names instead of the actual character when you’re writing your post:
Posted on 10:21, August 16th, 2010 by Many Ayromlou
Version 0.2 of the blogger plugin for wordpress 3.x has a small little bug in it that produces the following error:
Something went wrong. If the problem persists, send this info to support:
HTTP/1.0 403 Invalid AuthSub token.
I’ve been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what’s wrong with their code and I think I’ve found a fix (atleast until version 0.3 of the plugin comes out at which time this fix will not apply anymore…..hopefully).
The problem is with the regex code in the auth() function of the blogger-importer.php plugin. So edit this file and make the following changes:
1) Line 99:
2) Line 108:
Hopefully this will help you get going…..