Posted on 11:24, August 4th, 2011 by Many Ayromlou
If you ever are in need of signing a PDF file, you don’t need to print/sign/scan it anymore, Lion’s new preview app lets you insert/sign those pdf docs in a flash. Here is how you get your signature “scanned”.
- Use a Sharpie marker and sign your name on a plain piece of paper. Make sure it’s a plain sheet of paper with nothing written on either side.
- Open the Preview App and go to Preferences>Signatures and Press the small + button to add a new signature.
- A new window will pop up with your webcam video inside.
- Hold up the paper with your signature in front of the camera and make sure there is enough light in the room for the camera to get a clean image
- Align the signature — by moving it back and forth — with the blue line and wait for the machine to give you the clean scan of it in the window beside it.
- Press Enter to accept the signature when you’re ready.
I had to do this twice, but it’s very easy and quick to do. You can even have multiple pics taken of your signatures (or other peoples sig in your household).