One of the original reasons I bought my first ipod (first gen 5 Gig) was that I could hook it up to my mac and use it as a firewire drive. I could literally run around with this in my pocket and boot OSX off the ipod. Well that came to an end with the intro of iPhone/iTouch. Apple took the “disk mode” out. Well that was then, go grab a FREE copy of iPhone explorer and all that USB stick functionality can be your again. Oh, and did I say there is no need for Jail Break either :-)
- 100% Free iPhone browser for Mac and Windows
- 100% Drag-and-drop interface for easily copying files to and from your iPhone
- Create, delete and rename files and folders on your iPhone or iPod Touch
- Works with all iPhones and iPod Touches including the iPhone 3G and iPod Touch 2G
- Allows you to use your iPhone as a flash drive / pen drive or put your iPhone into disk mode
- Tiny download size
- (Optional) If you jailbreak your iPhone you can access the real root of your iPhone and recover your address book, SMS, e-mails and more.